To download the PDF version : Appel projets
Meditalents is organizing its first Mediterranean co-production workshop open to the Mediterranean-based producer-filmmakers pairs with a first or second feature film project under development.
This workshop is hosted in the South Region, in Marseille, the second largest region in France for hosting filming. It will be held in partnership with “Aflam / Rencontres Internationales de cinéma (www.aflam.fr)”.
This workshop offers professionals from both shores of the Mediterranean to explore together, with producers, international distributors and french & international support funds, the possibilities of artistic, financial or technical co-productions of their projects, in order to optimize their financing and their future distribution circuits.
To be eligible, the projects must answer to the following criteria :
- To be produced by a Mediterranean producer assignee of all exploitation rights,
- To be directed by a filmmaker from a Mediterranean country,
- Be a first or second feature film, fiction or documentary,
- Being in development,
- The author of the project must have previously directed two short films or a feature film.
A committee will select a maximum of 10 projects. Its selection criteria, in addition to the eligibility criteria, will be:
- The artistic quality of the project,
- The feasibility of the project,
- The production file,
- The links with the Mediterranean.
The selected pairs will meet with producers, international distributors and invited support funds at individual meetings.
They will present their project to the professionals present as well as to the jury of the South Region Prize to be awarded in the form of development aid of € 20,000, on the same criteria as below. The aid will be paid to the producer or co-producer of the film established in France.
The applications must be given online in french or english PDF and have :
- Synopsis (maximum 500 words )
- Treatment (maximum 10-12 pages)
- The screenplay (if possible)
- Director’s statement (maximum 1-2 pages)
- Director’s Bio-filmography
- Production company profile
- Production note
- Estimated budget (in euros)
- Forecast financing plan (in Euros) with the financing already acquired
- Project schedule
- Copies of financial agreements and / or note of intention of financial partners (if available)
- Copies of co-production agreements (if available)
- Applications should be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will be closed on 28 January 2019 at midnight GMT.
- The final selection will be communicated from February 20th, 2019.
For each selected project, the director and the producer, 2 people per project, will be supported.
The selected team will have to commit to:
- Attend the entire Workshop,
- Send a fortnight before the Workshop, a complete production file up to date as well as the supports that it will wish to use during the presentations of the project,
- Put the logo of Meditalents at the end of the film, followed by:
«Selected at Meditalents 2019, Co-production Workshop in the Mediterranean» and French Institute and Region Sud logos
- The holder of the « South Region Prize for International Co-Production » will also have to add this mention to its end credits.
The Meditalents Mediterranean Co-production Workshop is supported by :